One of the lessons that took me greatly by surprise was during a session on poverty. I love giving to others and do not struggle with generosity at all, so I really did not think I was going to be motivated during this session because I figured it would be a "give to the poor" kind of lesson. What I actually learned was quite shocking to me and something that I had never thought about before.
Below is a short clip of their series so that you can get an idea of who they are and what they do because I know that I would not do a good job of translating it into words.
While I am not sure that I agree 100% with everything that they say and stand for, I do think that it is an issue that needs raised awareness. This was a pretty shocking clip to me and left more questions than answers, but there is a whole DVD series that they put out that I would encourage you to try to get a hold of that gives ideas of how Christians can more beneficially give to the needy.
I could write for hours about this, but I don't think any of you would want to read for that long. I hope this just gives you a small glimpse of this organization and causes you to really think about whether or not your generosity is mature and will benefit the needy long term or rather hurt them more than help.
Food for thought.
.

No comments:
Post a Comment